Advertisement

Main Ad

Shoaib Malik Career profile and Icc ranking

Shoaib Malik Career profile and Icc ranking


Shoaib Malik Career profile and Icc ranking


 master of nothing at all; The only individual who perfectly fits the description is Shoaib Malik. A nearly two-decade career began as an off-spinner and most likely culminated as one of Pakistan's most reliable batsmen in shorter formats whenever it did. Due to his watertight defense, attractive horizontal bat shots, and lofted drives, the Sialkot man delights spectators. However, for the majority of his career, his batting average has fluctuated wildly. He has experimented with every batting position, from 1 to 10. He has seen everything: a good opener, a solid number 3, a middle order bat for work, and a manufactured slogger. Shoaib's cricket experts concur that he walks on thin ice in the subcontinent and that the ice becomes thinner away from it so that he can dwell on it. However, there hasn't been much criticism directed at the reserved Malik.


Shoaib Malik, then 17 years old, made his debut against the West Indies in October 1999. His style of bowling was similar to that of Saqlain Mushtaq, and he took two wickets in his first game. However, batting became more important over time. Shoaib seized the opportunity to bat at number four for the first time and scored a century against the West Indies at Sharjah. He was asked to open after a few games, and in Lahore against the Kiwis, he demonstrated that the move was correct. Despite this, his bowling continued to make him bigger. In 2004, he was arrested for a questionable act, but a few months later, he was cleared. His batting was good enough in the shorter formats to keep him in the lineup, despite the fact that his remodeled action caused him to lose some of his power.


Shoaib has a love for India unlike any other. All three of his highest ODI scores were against India. The standout scores are 143 in a 2004 Asia Cup match played in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and 128, when he literally "cut" his way through the Indian bowling attack to defeat them in a 2009 Champions Trophy match played at Centurion. His ODI average against India is almost 50, compared to his career average of around 30.


His whites performance was not particularly convincing and left a lot to be desired. After sparring, he made his Test debut in 2001 and retired against England at the conclusion of 2015. In his comeback match, he scored a double hundred to mark his nearly five-year absence from the Test team. But after the third test, he decided to focus solely on the shorter formats and put his career on hold. A Double Tone and a Few Ducks, his final show, goes into great detail about his inconsistent Test performance. However, his most memorable Test performance came in 2006 against Sri Lanka, when he batted all day to save Pakistan's day and scored 148* off 369 balls. That was the first of three tons he scored in white during his 35 appearances. With an average of 35.14, it was a huge disappointment for someone who had the drive, skill, and shots to win in the best format of the game.


Malik was fired in January 2009 after a humiliating loss to Sri Lanka at Lahore during his 18-month tenure as ODI captain. The inclement weather hampered most of his attempts at captaincy. Numerous media outlets reported that Malik was never able to work well with other senior team members during his tenure, despite the fact that the late Bob Woolmer was highly regarded for his cricketing intellect. After the disastrous 2009-2010 tour of Australia, his disagreement with the senior players resulted in a one-year ban from the PCB. However, after a few months, the restriction was lifted.


He led Pakistan to the final of the inaugural T20 World Cup in 2007 and was a key player in Britain's 2009 T20 World Cup victory, both of which are indisputable facts from his T20 exploits. This has never been the case in the shorter format, despite his poor performance in one-day internationals for two years following the Champions Trophy in 2013. He currently plays for Karachi Kings in the Pakistan Super League (PSL), as well as for Hobart Hurricanes, Barbados Tridents, and Barbados Tridents, respectively, in the BBL and CPL.


He was dropped from the ODI team after a poor performance for Pakistan in the 2013 Champions Trophy. However, his strike rate and average have increased since he returned following the 2015 World Cup. This bodes well for the Pakistan limited-overs team because he will be well-suited to continue playing for Pakistan until the T20 World Cup in 2019.


Over time, the World Cup:


Shoaib Malik has said that he will stop playing in the 50-over format at the World Cup in 2019. Given his high profile in Pakistani cricket, one would have expected him to play in at least three or four World Cups when he made his Pakistani debut in 1999. However, he has only played in one World Cup as a Pakistani player, and that was in the disastrous 2007 season. He was probably the only bright spot in Pakistan's campaign with his blistering 62 off 54 balls in the opening match against West India. However, his contribution was insufficient, and Pakistan ultimately lost. Pakistan would rely on Malik's experience to get them over the finish line in a close match, and he would be playing the crucial finisher role at this World Cup.

Malik shows that he still has the drive to succeed by performing admirably in numerous franchise-based T20 tournaments. Even though I am the team's oldest member, believe me when I say that my fitness level is comparable to that of a 25-year-old. On Sunday (January 29), Malik, who is currently playing in the Bangladesh Premier League for Rangpur Riders, spoke with reporters at the Sylhet International Stadium. So, I guess what keeps me going is that I still enjoy going to the ground and believe there is still hunger. from the fact that I still enjoy attending the "I would like to retire from international cricket and finish the game once and for all, but right now I'm not even thinking about it and I enjoy playing cricket whenever I get the opportunity." Even though I no longer play in Twenty20, One-Day International, or Test games, I am still very much available and will give it my best shot whenever I get the chance."




"


In order to meet the ever-changing requirements of Twenty20 cricket, the veteran also mentioned his desire to stay one step ahead of the competition. When T20 first began, I imagine that 130-140 runs were sufficient; However, even 220-230 runs today are insufficient on a good track. It is your responsibility as a cricketer to stay one step ahead of the competition in order to compete at a higher level and remain consistent at your own game. The revolution must therefore have existed and grown significantly since T20 began.


 my performance alone. I've been practicing a variety of bowling styles. I've been working on some tweaks because every batter starts coming after a spinner bowls.


a basic understanding of franchise Twenty20 cricket How high should the BPL be placed?


It makes me happy and I'm enjoying it. The high quality of the cricket in this area will lower the standard, no matter how you try to describe it. This is my first time participating in the BPL, despite my previous participation in a few leagues. It's truly fulfilling me.


What factors contribute to the success of a franchise cricket team?


The team's management has a significant effect. how sturdy they are, how sturdy your captain is, and how well he takes care of the surroundings. I still remember what Shakib al Hasan said after the first match, despite our defeat. Shakib said that this team was one of the best teams in the tournament. You need not believe that we are falling and have lost the game. We will prevail in the end because we are a formidable team. The captain and the management of the team, in my opinion, play a significant role in maintaining momentum. We succeed because we work well together.


You just recently won your first BPL T20 hundred. That is correct, and it was significant for me because I have consistently won in the shortest format over the past century.


It is difficult for a batter in the lower middle order to score 100 runs. Usually, the role is very different, and you only play a few runs or balls.


Look, I've played in 43 T20 matches so far, and I think I've had a chance in between 15 and 16 of them. I have, however, only batted for one to three balls or none at all in other games. Whether I play two balls or not, I should be able to help.


My mind constantly tells me that as a batsman, the more deliveries I play, the more likely it is that I will settle in and perform well. I always approach the bat with the mindset that we have lost three to four wickets since I arrived and that I must now perform as required, even when I am batting in the nets. I always bat with the mindset that I need to figure out how to get myself set because we have lost a few wickets, and I always aim for singles and doubles. I must establish and adhere to boundaries after some time has passed. Later, as a senior player, I decide that if I want to win, I will bat until the very end of the game. I always prepare with this mindset, and Allah has always helped me achieve my goals.


Post a Comment

0 Comments